May 14, 2008

I made a flikr today!


Today I joined flikr. My username is, of course, defaceReconstruct. I'm hoping it will be a good way to promote myself and my work, plus its neat. I'm so behind on all the internet crazes these days. I joined a couple of groups already on flikr and they seem cool. One is focused on recycled crafts which is right up my alley with my recycled yarns. I also joined a ceramics group which led me to a cool vessel contest called the Art in the Round Contest. Its only $25 to enter and that entitles you to submit 3 pieces. The grand prize is $3000. It would be the best thing in the whole world if I would win, but I'm not confident that I could AT ALL. But it might get me some exposure as its run entirely on the internet and judged by internets peoples.

In other news I'm still waiting to hear back from ReNew DeKalb if I get my farmers market stall or not. It makes me a little nervous as my recycled yarn is just in a little bit of grey area as to whether or not they will consider it enough of a craft to let me sell it. I do quite a lot of processing on the yarn to get it from sweater to skein so I am of the opinion that it is indeed a craft and does take some skill. I really hope they let me sell it.

I need to start building my kiln soon and work on some ceramics so I can have some more to sell in June. I hope the kiln won't destroy all greenware as I would like to not have to find a way to purchase an electric kiln. That would pretty well suck. $$$$$$ I'm going to be optimistic and make a bunch of draped slab work (quick and dirty) to test in it. I can't imagine it will take more than a day to set up, but I don't know for sure.

My first sale on my etsy shop finally left me feedback. It was good of course with a nice comment that gave me the warm and fuzzies. I'm hoping that if I keep at it I will get more sales. I'm still trying to think of it as a backup to my local business so I don't get too discouraged if I don't end up selling all that much.

No comments: