August 8, 2008

Crowing

Ooook so I was a big braggy yesterday wasn't I? Something I should mention is that I didn't actually make any sales from this front page listing. My prices were too high I think. So I lowered everything a dollar or so and bam, I've sold 3 items today. Its good to know where the limits are though, I know I couldn't actually be selling things for more make me feel like I'm not ripping myself off. I don't want to do that, I'm trying to make a living.

On the accounting side of things I downloaded a really great spreadsheet from Its Your Money, a blog I randomly found a link to. I'd been looking for something along these lines for a while and I'm overall pretty happy with it, though it is basic, it helps me keep track. It has a catalog section where you keep your inventory and a way to keep month by month sales records that also calculates your gross profit. It also will keep track of any sales tax you've collected, though you have to manually imput most info, its a good way to keep track if you don't have a huge volume of sales. I'll keep looking for some free software for accounting that works on a mac, but I haven't had any success so far. All the good free ones are for windows only. SUCK!

No comments: